Joining Rotary #89
We are always looking to expand our Rotary membership in New Castle. New Rotarians bring fresh ideas and the chance to make even more change in our community. Joining Rotary is a great way to help your community and connect with other business leaders and professionals.
In order to carry out our mission, Rotary meets weekly on Mondays at 12:10pm at The Confluence. Meeting attendance is strongly encouraged but not mandatory for Rotarians. If you would like to become a member and cannot attend any meetings, please speak to a Rotarian about your options.
To keep our club running, Rotarians pay dues. Dues are invoiced annually at the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1). Total dues are $298 and consist of two parts:
- Dues $133 – this allows Rotary 89 to pay our District and International Rotary commitment on each Rotarian ($122 total). The remaining funds are used for business operations and administrative costs. Our payments to Rotary International include an annual subscription for every member for The Rotarian, the monthly Rotary International Magazine.
- Lunch Assessment $165 – these funds are used to “pre-pay” for part of each lunch meeting to defer the cost of food. This is required if you attend meetings. In addition to this prepaid cost, you must pay $5 for lunch at each meeting you attend.
In addition to monetary support by the way of dues, Rotarians are expected to exemplify “service above self” by participating in Rotary events. Our largest annual fundraiser is a lottery calendar sale. All Rotarians must sell calendars. This fundraiser is how we support our grants and giving fund, which is vital to our community. We also hold a smaller fundraiser in the spring for which we need volunteers. Rotarians participate in various services projects for which you will be asked to volunteer your time. No amount of time is too small, and many hands make light work.
Finally, Rotarians make a pledge to heed the Rotary Four Way Test:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
If one is interested in becoming a Rotarian, he or she must attend three lunch meetings, complete an application, and be nominated to the Rotary Board of Directors by a mentoring Rotarian for membership. Please contact Brianne Hrabosky at 724-698-1503 or email@example.com for more information or to start your application process today!