Memorial to Civil War Veterans, downtown New Castle, PA

Welcome to New Castle Rotary Club #89
Chartered 1913

The year was 1905.  Chicago attorney Paul Harris was inspired to organize local business leaders for the purpose of networking, fellowship, but above all, providing humanitarian service.  The benefits of these three goals were soon appreciated by Harris' colleagues.  Working together to improve the quality of life for some ultimately improves life for all.  Good news travels.  Soon the Rotary idea and ideals were spreading to other communities.

Paul Harris

In 1913, New Castle was a burgeoning community with heavy industry and manufacturing. Local businessmen, Atty. George Muse and pharmacist Scott Paisley initiated the effort that earned New Castle the distinction of being the 89th club chartered.  We are proud of our predecessors and their altruism through the decades.  Long ago, they set high standards for New Castle Rotarians.  We work hard to deserve the honorable legacy we have inherited, and we celebrate "Service above Self" with the same enthusiasm as our predecessors.    

Industrial Boiler Manufactured in New Castle, circa 1910.

Many of the pictures used in our page headers are vintage photos of the New Castle area, circa 1900-1950.  The above photo is of a large boiler which was manufactured in New Castle about 1910 being moved by mule train to its destination.

New Castle Rotary Club #89, P. O. Box 1740, New Castle, PA 16103
Meets 12:10PM Mondays @ Jameson Hospital, South Campus, 1000 S. Mercer Street, New Castle, PA

Club Service Projects